You're not actually seeing a stack entry, you're seeing the string
that was given to `fail!()`. You can get a real backtrace with gdb,
break on `rust_fail`. You can also get a super crappy backtrace using
the backtrace function, see prototype
https://gist.github.com/cmr/8192817. We used to use it, but it only
really works for dynamic linking (which we discourage for a variety of
reasons right now), and doesn't work on OS X.

Getting a real backtrace when unwinding would be possible, but we'd
need to start parsing DWARF etc. Not trivial.