Last I did a survey, `let mut` was less than half (and more around
30-40%) of the `lets` I found, though it wasn't exhaustive. It's also
important to note that Rust is not a language suited for new
programmers. Far too many concerns; it tackles hard problems and makes
tradeoffs that new programmers don't particularly benefit from, esp.
pedagogically.

(I also teach new programmers, at Thinkful)