On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Corey Richardson <co...@octayn.net> wrote:

> Default typarams are awesome, but they're gated, and there's some
> concern that they'll interact unpleasantly with extensions to the type
> system (most specifically, I've seen concern raised around HKT, where
> there is conflicting tension about whether to put the "defaults" at
> the start or end of the typaram list).

Just for reference, this was discussed here:
https://github.com/mozilla/rust/pull/11217

(The tension is essentially that with default type args you want to put the
"least important" types at the end, so they can be defaulted, while with
HKT you want to put them at the front, so they don't get in the way of
abstracting over the important ones.)