On 13/02/2014 19:56, Daniel Micay wrote:
Enforcing this invariant makes many adaptors more complex. For
example, the `filter` adaptor would need to maintain a boolean flag
and branch on it. I'm fine with the current solution of a `fuse`
adaptor because it moves all of the responsibility to a single
location, and user-defined adaptors don't need to get this right.

My entire email was about specifically *not* enforcing anything, only convention.

Filter is in the exact same category as Map: it’s only expected to be well-behaved when its input is.

--
Simon Sapin