On 3/11/14 1:42 PM, Daniel Micay wrote:
Existing object systems like COM, DOM and gobject are worth looking at,
but Rust shouldn't bend over backwards to support them. They're legacy
technologies and while interacting with them is important, I don't think
it should result in any extra complexity being added to Rust.

We have to support the technologies that are in use in a pleasant way, or else Rust will not be practical. Regardless of your feelings about existing OO systems, Rust has to support them well.

So far nobody in this thread has demonstrated an understanding of the constraints here. Traits are simply not sufficient to model the DOM, for example.

Patrick