I would note that Rust macros are actually working with structural typing:
the expanded macro cannot be compiled unless the expressions/statements it
results in can be compiled.

Regarding Scala here, it seems a weird idea to ask that each and every
method should copy+paste the interface. We all know the woes of duplication.

Instead, you can define a Trait (even if for a single function) and it'll
just work; and when you add a second function you will be able to re-use
the same trait.