Hey Ike,

Glad you found the slides useful! If I had to guess I imagine it's hard to
justify documenting things at the file + function/method level in any huge
amount of detail given that the compiler changes pretty rapidly. Or at
least, it has in the past -- it's certainly seems to have stabilized a lot
over recent months.

That said, I can't imagine the core folks would object to somebody
documenting this stuff more formally in an area like the hacking guide if
there's not a better source for it. It's interesting stuff for newbies --
especially folks interested in (but new to) compiler construction in
general. It's often tough to associate the stuff in text books with
real-world examples. :)

Happy to help out if there's interest.

Cheers,
Tom