After a long time coming, the Rust windows bots are now running an up-to-date mingw-w64 toolchain. This was a very easy transition thanks to the efforts of our windows devs, including Vadim, Thad, and klutzy.

The practical impact of this is that windows developers should prefer the mingw-w64 toolchain to the old mingw toolchain. This is the toolchain we will be supporting on Windows for the immediate future.

I've updated the [windows instructions] and the [getting started] page slightly, but there's a lot of information there that I don't fully understand. I'd appreciate if some of the more experienced windows devs could go over them and make sure they are accurate.

The next step will be to add 64-bit windows bots and snapshots.

[windows instructions]: https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Using-Rust-on-Windows [getting started]: https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-getting-started-developing-Rust