Hey all,

a question from a Rust newbie here. From languages like C or C++ I'm used
to being able to compile each file separately into object files to speed up
the compilation process. In Rust that doesn't seem to be easily possible. I
tried to simulate it by compiling each module into a separate library, but
it has been pointed out to me that it's not idiomatic but may not even
improve performance [1]. As this stack overflow question is quite hidden
away I'd love to get everyone's input. And even though writing the
automatic Makefile [2] for it was fun I wouldn't mind having an easier
solution.

Urban

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23385582/problems-with-gnu-make-dynamic-rules
[2]
https://github.com/ujh/iomrascalai/blob/3d37ddd95c2058386f748f23c1a2b2e538375093/Makefile
--
Freelancer

Available for hire for Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and JavaScript projects

More at http://urbanhafner.com