Hey everyone,

still me, the Rust newbie ;)

Coming from Ruby I use TDD quite heavily. For my toy rust project I've
setup my Makefile in such a way that it first compiles and runs a test
build before compiling the real executable. When trying to debug a failing
test I tried putting println! statements into the code under test. Apart
from the fact that I should probably start using a debugger instead I'd
like to know why the output doesn't show up. Does the test runner swallow
it? Is there a way to write to stdout or stderr during the test runs?

Urban
--
Freelancer

Available for hire for Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and JavaScript projects

More at http://urbanhafner.com