Hi everyone,

Is there an active project for these database bindings*? There were some good
comments at https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/14658 but I don't know if
there's a repository or wiki where people can comment on specific designs or
requirements.

I'm a rust newbie but have dealt with database access in C, C++, Java, Python
and, several lifetimes ago, in Perl, so I'm relatively familiar with the
problem space. If nobody else is working on this, I might start an empty repo
just to have an open wiki that people can comment on.

Or I could start the discussion here and move off-list when things starts to
take shape and get down to the nitty-gritty. There may be people without a
particular interest in the library who can still offer insight into a
high-level design.

Eli

* I'm avoiding the term SQL here because I don't think there's any good reason
to rule out supporting things like Cassandra since their result sets are
tabular and should fit in with an API designed for relational databases.