On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Akira Hayakawa <hayak...@valinux.co.jp>
wrote:

> Is this a program to generate ninja script?

It does generate Ninja scripts but, like CMake, also VS2010 and XCode
projects, though Rust only works with the Ninja backend ATM.

> I have once prototyped such system (but far imperfect from yours)
> that generates ninja script through Rake.
> https://github.com/akiradeveloper/ninja-rake
>
> As a great fun of ninja build system, I am really looking forward
> to the Rust support.

Yeah, Ninja is really cool. The main philosophical difference between Meson
and your code is that Meson does not provide a Turing-complete language,
but rather a mostly declarative DSL. This makes it easier to write and make
robust.