On 22/06/14 07:26 PM, Gábor Lehel wrote:

> Coincidentally, I didn't propose it. I proposed one implementation with
> owned allocation (which we already have) in the `prelude` and one with
> tracing GC allocation in the `gc` module.

Then I don't understand why we would have one for task-local garbage
collection and task-local reference counting. There can never be cycles
here and non-atomic reference counting will be faster along with
maintaining scope-based destruction semantics. I don't see the use case
for duplicating these types with versions wrapped in a specific smart
pointer type.