On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Nick Cameron <li...@ncameron.org> wrote:

> Yes, this is the right place for meta-discussion.
>
> I'll make sure to be stricter about commenting on the PRs in the future.
> The aim of this email is only to summarise the discussion so far, it
> shouldn't add new opinions or comments beyond applying our 'rules' for
> accepting PRs in the most uncontroversial manner. Obviously that is kind of
> a fuzzy statement, but I think you are right that here I didn't quite stick
> to that. Sorry.

Yes, this sounds sensible to me. Thanks for explaining.

> In general, I agree with your last point, but it takes considerable time
> and energy to have an active role and that is in limited supply, so it is
> always a trade off on whether any particular person gets involved with a
> particular RFC. Having said that, the vast majority of the discussion for
> an RFC should always be happening on the RFC.

I can really, really sympathize with the limited time and energy problem,
because I have it as well. Following that line of thought, we should
consider the fact that most contributors have even less time and energy,
and aren't compensated for it. As such, any steps, even incremental, in the
direction of a more engaged and collaborative process, as opposed to just
an ultimate accept/postpone/reject decision, would be very much appreciated.

Cheers