Sorry for the incomplete mail.

What I wanted is,
get_value(MyStr("Rust".to_str())) returns String,
get_value(MyBool(true)) returns bool and,
get_value(MyInt(100)) returns int

I was trying to store generic value in hashmap, as in the example below,

use std::collections::hashmap::HashMap;

#[deriving(Show)]
enum MyTypes{
    MyBool(bool),
    MyStr(String),
    MyInt(int)
}

fn main(){
    let mut settings:HashMap<String, MyTypes> = HashMap::new();

    settings.insert("port".to_str(), MyInt(8000));
    settings.insert("name".to_str(), MyStr("Rust".to_str()));
    settings.insert("enabled".to_str(), MyBool(true));

    println!("{}", settings);
}

So to get the value out of hashmap, I need a generic function which checks
the respective type and returns value. Some thing like

fn get_value(settings:HashMap<String, MyTypes>, key: &'static str) -> T{
    match settings.get(&key) {
        MyBool(x) => x,
        MyStr(x) => x,
        MyInt(x) => x