this remindes me of the issue i got when trying to implement finger
trees in Rust so long ago

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/8613

I suggested to let add a way to specify (in the code) how match
functions do we want to generate and failing at runtime when the limit
is reached. This made sense in my situation.