Hi Paul,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 03:31:17PM -0500, Paul Stansifer wrote:
> It's not so much the speed of the parser that is the matter, but the fragility
> of the grammar. The less lookahead that's required, the more likely it is that
> parser error messages will make sense, and the less likely that a future
> change
> to Rust's syntax will introduce an ambiguity.

Ok, that's absolutely reasonable.

I'm wondering, if it could get distinct by enforcing some properties
which are already compile warnings, that types should always start
with an upper case and functions/methods with a lower case.

let foo = (HashMap<Foo, Bar>::new());

But then 'HashMap' could still e.g. be an enum value instead of
a type, but currently you certainly also need some kind of context
to distinguish cases like e.g. 'some(x)' and 'Some(x)'.

Somehow I think, that's a very good idea to enforce these
properties, regardless of the issue here.

If you've read code where everything starts with a lower case or
upper case (even variables!), then you can really see the value
of using the case to distinguish types/functions/methods.

Greetings,
Daniel