Hi Tomi,

> Anyone have any idea if that's a larger problem, or simply something
> nobody has written the small handcoded ASMs needed for ARMv5 or v4?
> If latter, I might be able to wrap my head around this.

  The problem you've got is related to segmented stack support. It need
fix on 2 levels:

- Rust - can be relatively easy fixed by providing (or patching) a
target and marking it as a target which doesn't support segmented
stacks, see example [1]

   Once it works you can play a bit to provide a correct implementation
in record_sp.S and morestack.S

- LLVM - as I remember some time ago LLVM generated a function prologue
which uses the same instruction for any ARM device, may be that was
patched in upstream, may be not. You can also ask Vladimir Pouzanov and
zinc.rs [2] team, AFAIK they had the similar problem too and definitely
have a workaround.

[1]
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/blob/master/src/librustc_back/target/arm_apple_ios.rs#L33
[2]  https://zinc.rs/