I have some concerns related to
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/18699 and I'd like to get some
advice from the team.

Support for cross-compiling code with plugins was broken for a few months
now for anything but linux. Finally it seems to be broken for linux as well
halting all our efforts.

How important is cross-compilation support for rust at all? zinc is barely
the only embedded project based on rust but we do use plugins and macros
extensively throughout the code and we can't just stop using them,
unfortunately; so for us any breakage of plugins system is a halt. We can
deal with internal libs changing syntax but fixing up compiler itself is
not that easy.

Any chance we'll see it fixed before 1.0 hits?

--
Sincerely,
Vladimir "Farcaller" Pouzanov