On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 05:11:59PM +0100, Alex Bennee
<kernel-hac...@bennee.com> wrote:
> Yep, all my machines are Intel graphics so that would be a common
> factor. I don't
> suppose you have a bug reference for that?
>
> How come it hits urxvt so badly when I don't see obvious corruption elsewhere?

Nobody knows for sure, but urxvt tries very hard to avoid roundtrips
(compare starting xterm and urxvt over a slow remote connection to see why
:), so when x-servers forget to lock properly they might initiate e.g.
some copying while the previous draw operation is still in progress, as
urxvt tries hard to queue as many operations as possible.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de