Hi Marc,

Thanks again for your reply and willingness to offer assistance!

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 07:21 AM PDT, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 07:46:22PM -0700, Mun <mj...@mailmun.com> wrote:
> > echo "ESC [8;30;100t"
> > ------------------------------- Delimiter END
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > where "ESC" was the actual <ESC> character, of course.
>
> Ah - try removing the extra whitrespace between esc and [, then it should
> work.

I actually don't have a space there in the script.  Sorry for the
misrepresentation.

> Unrelated tip: you can avoid having to have a verbatim escape character by
> using printf, which also doesn't give you an extra newline at the end:
>
>    printf "\e[8;30;100t"
>
> But using echo is fine, of course.

Thanks for the tip; that's certainly cleaner than an actual ESC char in
a file.  However, I get the same results.  That is, the actual window
geometry does not change, but an "inner" window of sorts is created that
doesn't actually serve my purpose.

Note that I'm running on GNOME v2.28.2 (these Red Hat systems are always
*way* behind on software revisions).  Perhaps due to other software
versions (e.g., GNOME) on my system, urxvt is not functioning as
designed.  Especially if it is working correctly for you?

BTW, if my description of how the escape sequence is operating is
unclear, I could send a screenshot of the affect of the escape sequence.

Best regards,

--
Mun