On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 03:13:44PM +0300, Գասպար Վարդանյան
<gaspar.vardanyan.mail...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I want the urxvt to support these features:

Some of these have been discussed in the past, and just calling them     s
feature (or finding the cool etc. doesn't necessarily make them          )
worthwhile to apply :                                                    )

> *  FontAwesome support (
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rxvt-unicode-fa-patched/ )

See my other mail on this subject - this is due to font awesome using private
unicode codepoints for which there is no locale information available and
which are non-standard.

This causes a lot of issues with this font outside of urxvt as well, e.g.
in web browsers, which also don't know how to render these codepoints.

It would need to be fixed in font awesome (and similar font-hacks).

> *  TrueColor support (
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rxvt-unicode-truecolor/ )

Urxvt should have superiour truecolor support that doesn't double (or even
triple) memory usage, but it does require more feedback.

> *  Sixel graphics support ( https://github.com/saitoha/rxvt-unicode-sixel )

While indeed a feature, I am not convinced that it is worth it (it
seems to be more like a gimmick), and at the moment, the sixel patch is
certainly not up to urxvts standards - and I will have to maintain it if
it is in.

> *  matcher extension: support to select to copy whether to clipboard or
> primary.

That would also indeed be a feature.

> *  keyboard-select extension update:  https://github.com/muennich/urxvt-perls

As a minimum, its license would have to allow that, which it currently
does not (probably somebody asking the author would work?).

But one of the main goals of having perl extensions as that people could
work on them independently - a good example is the tabbed extension, whose
in-rxvt-unicode version is very bare bones compared to some of the other
versions available form third parties, and can be maintained and improved
independently from the main urxvt process, which admittedly is quite slow.

> *  autocomplete-ALL-the-things: a nice extension for the urxvt terminal (
> https://github.com/Vifon/autocomplete-ALL-the-things ) Please apply these
> features.

Similar with keyboard-select, there seems nothing that needs ot be
applied, as it seems to work out of the box with the current release.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de