On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 02:19:10PM +0200, Thierry Thomas <thie...@freebsd.org>
wrote:
> FontForge has a tool to validate fonts: see
> <http://designwithfontforge.com/en-US/Making_Sure_Your_Font_Works_Validation.html>
>
> Does it detect this type of problems? Or maybe do you know other tools?

I don't think there are tools to detect these problems, at least not until
we have soem pretty impressive advances in the AI field - most of these
problems are use-dependent (a proportional font is obviously not broken on
a technical level, just not very usable for terminals, for example).

Problems can be subtle - for example, your font might have a double-width
character for a codepoint that your libc says must fit into a single
column.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de