Hi,

The following change

http://cvs.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/src/screen.C?r1=1.464&r2=1.465

makes urxvt start with empty lines before the prompt. From what can be
found on the net, the change fixes some readline issues:

> 22:19:12 (schmorp) nmeum: urxvt does react slightly different to resizes in
> 9.31
> 22:19:31 (schmorp) nmeum: basically, if you start it, and resize it, the
> prompt now stays on the line it was before
> 22:19:45 (schmorp) nmeum: which fixes a bunch of readline issues, where
> readline does not expect to be moved around
> 22:19:56 (schmorp) nmeum: that *likely* is the issue here

If that's the case, what does he or you mean by "line it was before"?
>From what I can see what doesn't change on resize is the number of
lines after the prompt, not before the prompt.

Can you also describe one of these readline issues in a way that I
could reproduce it?

Regards,
Yuri