Hi,

Yes, you are right.

But, there seems to have been a little misunderstanding.
On Ryu-Book, the tree dots("...") means that some messages or words are just
omitted.

e.g.)
If the full messages are:
   ---
   connected socket:<eventlet.greenio.base.GreenSocket object at
0x7fab639f1610> address:('127.0.0.1', 32776)
   hello ev <ryu.controller.ofp_event.EventOFPHello object at 0x7fab639eb810>
   move onto config mode
   EVENT ofp_event->SimpleSwitch13 EventOFPSwitchFeatures
   switch features ev
version=0x4,msg_type=0x6,msg_len=0x20,xid=0xcd66c812,OFPSwitchFeatures(auxiliary_id=0,capabilities=79,datapath_id=1,n_buffers=256,n_tables=254)
   move onto main mode
   ---

Ryu-Book omits some messages or words like:
   ---
   connected socket:<...  # omitting "eventlet.greenio.base.GreenSocket ..."
   hello ev ...  # omitting "<ryu.controller.ofp_event.EventOFPHello object at
0x7fab639eb810>"
   ...  # omitting some messages
   move onto main mode
   ---

Therefore, you can get correct messages from ryu-manager described in Ryu-Book.

Thanks,
Iwase