Thank you Carlos and Ferreira for the clarification, it was very helpful. I
also came across this link:

https://www.udacity.com/wiki/cn/assignment3-buffer-sizing

I know it is not the right forum but can someone help me with the best way
to calculate the overall packet drops and congestion in a network, because
as Mr. Iwase suggested I can get these values from  OFPPortStatsReply
<http://ryu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ofproto_v1_3_ref.html#ryu.ofproto.ofproto_v1_3_parser.OFPPortStatsReply>
for each port of the switches, however there are number of ports in a
network. So what is the best way to calculate the congestion in the network
which shows its realistic condition, taking average of all packet drops or
any other methods?

Regards,
Corey