Hey.

Please don't top-post on this list, it is really something ugly to
do, imho.  That would be nice.  If you really want to include the
entire message you respond to, you could set the internal S-nail
variable *quote-as-attachment*, for example.  ^.^

Donald Mugnai <donaldmug...@gmail.com> wrote:
 |How do you "configure the way the headline is displayed with the variable \
 |of the same name[1]" In the s-nail.rc file? All I want to get is a correct
 |timestamp for my messages instead of Dec 31.  Is this a configuration \
 |issue? If so, what do you configure? What is name[1]? Thanks

Weeell, after all i mean that if you read the manual ("$ man mail"
or "$ man s-nail") at least a bit you would know about s-nail and
settings -- i think "A starter" should be sufficient for this, as
it "already bends those standard settings a bit towards more user
friendliness and safety" in s-nail.rc.  And if you look in
s-nail.rc then you see comments and the `set' command and how it
sets variables.

This makes me think that my words "if you actually set the
datefield variable the Date: message header is used" should give
you the right hint, and i have shown the complete command in my
second response.
Baby belly, baby belly.  Maybe the wording could be even simpler,
and in the other window i have added some more explicit `set'
references (as opposed to the plain word "Set"/"set") already in
the Options section of the manual, but in general i think the
wording hurdles are almost as low as they can get.

For example, on Monday i made a bicycle tour and came along
a pasture where a cow just had given birth to a young son, just
a few seconds ago.  She was licking him dry etc.  So i stood there
for the quarter of an hour until he stood up the first time.  But
no.. actually not.  He fell pretty fast, and the mother looked
at me somewhat enraged when i left the scene.  Actually i just
drove to the other end of the pasture to say hello to the rest
of the flock, and saw from there his first real standing.
So i had to get back to this yesterday, and this young man
actually had a real trauma! and ran, just two days old!, to
overcome that i left when he was still lying!!  I really hope we
did that fantastic boy!  He's right!  Yeah!!

So you are saying i should offer wording for humans which have an
intellectual capacity of less than a 20 minutes to 48 hours old
young bull?  No, no i don't think i will do that.

--steffen

S-nail-users@lists.sourceforge.net