Hello Mr. Russell Bell.

So let me try this once again.

russellb...@gmail.com wrote in <201812160303.wbg33hyj008...@randytool.net>:
 | It just scrolls through to the end.

I have just committed a fix to `mimeview' working on MIME handlers
with binary formats, like PDF or JPEG, to all the [master] and
[stable/*] series of branches.

I can assure you this worked once i have implemented it, but
commits linger around, and get occasional fixes.  Here it seems
that i have detected that `mimeview' does not work for text MIME
parts, and rebased back something that eventually broke the binary
ones.

This is all owed to the current implementation, even though
this is a weak excuse, especially since i talk about the v15
framework for half a decade now.  But that is how it is.  The
implementation and my way of thinking code are entirely
incompatible, but luckily this is decreasingly so.

And i normally do not have to face mails which contain parts which
cannot be made "copiousoutput" myself.  But if so, then the PDFs
are important enough to be saved away.  This is why this has been
undetected for so long.

We know have a test for this.
Mr. Bell,

--steffen