 |>         \if [ $s == 42 ]
 |>            \echo 'Second 42, sleeping a second'
 |>            \sleep 1
 |>            \xcall on-compose-leave
 |>         \end
 |>         \if [ $m == 42 ]
 |>            \vput vexpr res - 10#$s 60
 |>            \vput vexpr res - 0 $res
 |>            \echo 'Minute 42, sleeping '$res' seconds'
 |>            \sleep $res
 |>            \xcall on-compose-leave
 |>         \end
 |
 |Strictly speaking, these need to loop as the sleep may last longer than
 |planned.  Even then, there's a race condition between the test and the
 |execution.

Sigh.  The xcall recursion after waiting is pointless.  Fixed.
It was left from testing when i did one second steps (i did after
running in an octal problem which resulted in the "10#$s" you can
see above, and i have an on-paper TODO for a "decimal" modifier
for `if' and `vexpr' because the above would fail if "$s" has
leading whitespace).  (Btw. i also fixed "vexpr trim" which does
not trim at the end in the current release because we allow
shorthands like "trim-e" to mean trim-end, and at some time
i messed that up since of course "trim" is a valid shorthand for
"trim-xy", is it.  Lots of sighs here.)

 |I think some timezones can be 30 minutes off the hour so it may still be
 |42 minutes from the recipient's point of view?  Is avoiding the 42nd
 |ordinal day of the year left as an exercise for the reader?  :-)

That :42:42 was _really_ strange.  But no, that long i won't wait.
Cheerio.

--steffen