Oh, hello again.

Giannis-2 wrote in
<20200504172132.zz96f%giannismicr...@gmail.com>:
 |In the other side, with imap,
 |
 |the problem there is...
 |
 |With mail -f  outlook, it requires/needs a password.
 |
 |I make enter with my password but it display :
 |
 |mail: IMAP error: LOGIN failed.
 |
 |I think, i suppose, when i deleted  the line with "set mta=..." , maybe \
 |that affects this error.

Not with IMAP, no.

Well, i do not know.  Do you have v15-compat set?  Hm, no, not
that i see.  Oh, please, you should really "set v15-compat" in your
~/.mailrc, i have forgotten about that.  (For me v15-compat is
reality for years, and i "live" on a development branch where this
is default for over half a year.)  The manual states very
prominently that v15-compat will be default in v14.10.0, and, hm,
oh, the current manual does not include the sentence "this manual
expects this context".  This is a bug.  I have included some
manual adjustments from the development branch in the last
releases, which were not planned, without also including this
sentence.

So, please, "set v15-compat" and try again.  And thank you very
much for your patience.  You could also just "set password=X",
because i assume the same password is used for SMTP and IMAP, and
so specifying it twice is unnecessary.  If you would use ~/.netrc
as adviced in the manual section "On URL syntax and credential
lookup" (plus v15-compat), you could even use a "machine" of
"*.office365.com" with your user name, i would presume.

 --End of <20200504172132.zz96f%giannismicr...@gmail.com>

--steffen