--- Forwarded from "Stephen Isard" <ksaexz5...@snkmail.com> ---
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 13:12:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Stephen Isard" <ksaexz5...@snkmail.com>
To: stef...@sdaoden.eu
Subject: Re: [S-mailx] Intermittent smtp auth failures

> I tried with my GSSAPI test bed and i cannot reproduce the issue.

Ok, thanks for trying.

I'm not altogether clear on how your test bed works and how it differs
from my setup.  What is your stmp server? I don't see an 'mta=' line.
I suppose those are covered by '-Ssmtp-config=-allmechs,gssapi'.  There
is no smtp-config either in my man page or the 14.9.22 source code.
Anyway, if you set verbose=2, do you see an exchange of long strings of
characters?  Also, if I am understanding correctly, you are sending the
successive messages in separate calls to s-nail, not within the same
interactive session.  It probably doesn't make any difference, but
that's where I am getting the success followed by failure.

Stephen Isard

 -- End forward <19402-1629220328-848...@sneakemail.com>

--steffen