Stephen Isard wrote in
 <2832-1630537437-611...@sneakemail.com>:
 |Steffen,
 |
 |With the latest master branch, I've had the error message
 |
 |s-nail: TLS socket read error, retrying: Resource temporarily
 |unavailable
 |s-nail: IMAP: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
 |
 |while in the editor, and when I saved and quit, the edited version DID
 |appear in the message.  Hooray.

A long way.  Sorry but i am unendurable if i do not like
something, like blocking and alarm(2) driven I/O.  Also i am not
an application developer really, i am better doing libraries.
(Not that these come out bugfree from the beginning.)

You can save some typing with

   \bind compose :kf1 ${escape}v
   \bind compose :kf2 ${escape}p

(for function keys one and two here) supposed "escape" has been
set before.

Ciao.  And thanks again for insisting!

--steffen