Hello Mingli.

Yu, Mingli wrote in
 <ecd69602-f1bf-6dca-9e89-34ffc2d67...@windriver.com>:
 |On 6/8/22 12:18 AM, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> mingli...@windriver.com wrote in
 |>|  collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
 |> I can compile 14.9.24 with gcc 12.1.0 here.
 |> Which were your $CFLAGS, you came there with OPT_AUTOCC=no, did
 |> you?  INLINE comes from include/su/code.h.  Why only these two,
 |
 |Yes, OPT_AUTOCC=no in my env. And CFLAGS is "-Og -g
 |-feliminate-unused-debug-types" and it turns out only two have problems
 |though there are too many "INLINE" functions and I'm also confused.

I see.
That is i do not, i did not even know about -Og!  Interesting; by
sheer luck i do not even have a debugger installed \o/
Please call through if any issues are encountered, i hate bugs!

 |> I once have seen something similar, and that was under AlpineLinux
 |> with -Os optimization flag, a bug in gcc 8.3.0, contradicting
 |> documentation, (not all) inline functions became inlined.
 |> I suspect we see this here again?
 |> So.  To work around this suspected gcc bug you could either pass
 |> -std=c89 (in $CFLAGS, or in $EXTRA_CFLAGS if you use
 |
 |And it works after pass -std=c89 to CFLAGS.

That is good news!

 |> diff --git a/include/su/code.h b/include/su/code.h
 |The above patch also works.

Wonderful!

Thanks for reporting the issue, i will change code.h to simply
always use the gcc-specific way of inlining functions!

Yes, ever since i code in C++/C i am at odds with compilers now
and then; especially if you cannot reproduce it but in the very
compilation unit context; then you go "where is that large
automobile?", so to say.
(For example in include/su/cs-dict.h, class gview, "clang 5.0.1
BUG: needed this-> to find superclass field".  Why only there?
I also changed all C++ ": struct NAME" to ": NAME", i think it was
gcc who did not let me use "struct" once, and it is optional
anyway in C++.  By why only once?  You know...)

 |Thanks,
 |Mingli

Prima!  Keep on flowing.

... I now see that there is a S-nail recipe for OpenEmbedded!
That is cool, i did not know (not covered by repology).
Looking in [1] i am wondering why your [2] was not simply solved
by passing VAL_MTA=/usr/sbin/sendmail in [1], too?
And: can i keep your email for (hopefully never needed) emergency
maintainer contact?

  [1]
https://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/plain/meta-oe/recipes-extended/s-nail/s-nail_14.9.24.bb
  [2]