Hello Hariskar.

Χάρης Καραχριστιανίδης wrote in
 <20230220150942.kdkma%haris...@otenet.gr>:
 |Χάρης Καραχριστιανίδης <haris...@otenet.gr> wrote:
 |
 |> I installed bogofilter and put these lines in .mailrc.
 |> set spam-interface=filter
 |> set spam-maxsize=500000
 |> set spamfilter-ham="bogofilter -n"
 |> set spamfilter-noham="bogofilter -N"
 |> set spamfilter-nospam="bogofilter -S"
 |> set spamfilter-rate="bogofilter -TTu 2>/dev/null"
 |> set spamfilter-spam="bogofilter -s"
 |> set spamfilter-rate-scanscore="1;^(.+)$"

This is ok.

 |> set headline='%>%a%m%$ %-18f %16d %4l/%-5o %i%-s'
 |>
 |> With:
 |> ? spamrate 1-31
 |> I get
 |> spamrate:.31          1/30     done (31/0 all/skipped)
 |>
 |> and nothing changes in emails spam rate, all are 0.00.
 |>
 |> If I run
 |> ? spamspam 28
 |> nothing changes again.
 |> Any help please?
 |Subject should be "bogofilter question" ...

bogofilter needs to be learned in order to be able to produce
results.  This takes quite a while, but if i recall correctly
results improve fast.  On the other hand some things will never
work out.  My DB is

  #?0|kent:steffen$ ll /var/tmp/steffen/.bogofilter/wordlist.lmdb
  -rw-r----- 1 steffen steffen 498155520 Feb 20 19:36
/var/tmp/steffen/.bogofilter/wordlist.lmdb

but this LMDB which does not have some kind of VACUUM and
therefore needs to be dumped / restored to get rid of cruft, i do
that once a month.  The monthly backup is

  $ ll ~/sec.arena/backups/spam.db.zst
  -rw-r----- 1 steffen steffen 77287246 Jan 28 19:14
/home/steffen/sec.arena/backups/spam.db.zst

and it decompresses to a file of 255850825 bytes.

SpamAssassin may be the better option if you do not have a DB as
it has built-in things to look out for (if i recall correctly).

 --End of <20230220150942.kdkma%haris...@otenet.gr>

--steffen