Hello.

I wish everyone a good and hopefully healthy and peacful 2024!

v14.10 will take time, as i said.  It is delayed even further
because i am about to write a small DKIM signer, because Google
will enforce that for mailing-lists (it causes defers for this ML
since maybe november, already!), and i am not happy with what is
available.  Will be a very hard task to do so in the next two and
a half weeks!

One of the problems is that a RFC 5322 aka Internet Message Format
aka email header parser is required.  I cannot use the terrible
one that the codebase of this MUA uses, so i am about to write
a new one from scratch.

It will be hard to add the hacks we need for BSD Mail to get
right, but it would be a lunatic experience to add support for the
?single modifier that i introduced for address fields (see for
example -t command line option docu)!
I am pretty sure noone is actually using this except our tests :),
since email addresses tend to be simple (the big ones *radically*
enforce that for their users, for example), other MUAs, like mutt,
simply fail for, or mutilate user input of that sort, and then we
do have the `addrcodec' command, actually, which can be used to
create acceptable input.  (This has to improve.)

So my thinking is that i radically drop support for the ?single
modifier for addresses, of which, i am quite sure, most of you
have never heard, but very, very likely never used.  Interested'
in comments!

Ciao, and a good time i wish!!

--steffen