Hi Neil,
> I guess we are right in thinking it is 'S' gauge?
Yup!
>
> First, does it have a link or knuckle coupler?
Link couplers, everything looks "stock"
> Does it have the smoke unit in the tender or loco, this determines if it
is
> early '46-47 or between '47 and '52 ish.
Smoke in Tender, looks like - a small cap on the tender, and
looks like a hose going into the locomotive.
> I think that is enough to start with
A few other details, since you got me to look a little closer-
-A switch on top of the boiler, between the domes-
a reverse unit?
-The lettering on the tender appears to be the same
"font" as the other Flyer I have, and the NYC logo
looks like others. It also has "NYC" on the steam dome.
-6 wheel trucks on the tender
I would tend to think it's a newer one, it's still a
metal boiler though- If needed, I'll take it to work and get a
couple digital pics, and see if that helps.
Thanks!
Al
S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the "Flyer" you desire...books and accessories too!
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/