Hi All:
It seems as though there are good ideas expressed by all sides.  Having 
been responsible for many massive reports, I know how fast time can slip 
by.  If there is an electronic copy of this available, why not put 
together a small group of interested people [Including Ed and Milo - and 
based on my comments, I will also volunteer (although I am not 
exceptionally knowledgeable) + others interested and knowledgeable in 
scale and AF/high rail] to begin to separate and modify the list into 
AF/hi-rail and scale.  This would give us sufficient time so that when 
the time comes to print it, we would have an almost complete and almost 
perfectly edited electronic copy for the printer.  Being electronic, we 
could ship suggestions for modifications and additions back and forth 
over the internet (suggest Word).  One person would have to be 
responsible for the master copy and additions and deletions, definitions 
as to what constitutes an S manufacturer or supplier, etc., possibly 
John Foley or someone from the NASG.
just some ideas.  Regards to all
Rance Velapoldi  (Norway)

PS I will be visiting the Arlington VA area for about 10 days around the 
labor day holidays.  Any suggestions for visits to stores, available 
layouts (scale or high rail), etc.??  Please advise off line. Tx.
Regards to all
Rance Velapoldi

Ed & Judi Loizeaux wrote:

>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>>It appears that you have uncovered a number of areas for improvement,
>>
> 
>Yup, that appears to be the situation.
> 
>
>>why don't you take some action to improve the list,
>>
> 
>I suspect the latest printing will last a few years.  When the current
>supply is depleted, then would be the time to put some effort into
>updating a new list.
> 
>
>>I've always contended that if ones find fault with the work/efforts of
>>others then that person should be "willing to step up to the plate" & do
>>better!
>>
> 
>Good philosopy, but in this case I've already expressed numerous ideas
>for improvement.  I would certainly be willing to proofread a draft copy
>and make corrections/suggestions when the existing supply runs out.  Of
>course my fundamental belief is that in order to successfully recruit
>scale-oriented modelers from other scales, the S scale products should
>be segregated from the AF/toy products.  So far, I've not seen NASG's
>acceptance of that philosophy.  Until there is a mutual agreement on the
>basic approach, there is sure to be unhappiness over the end result.
>Sort of like the unmoveable object and the irresistable force.
> 
>
>>Constructive criticism is great, however at times it comes across as
>>"Bitchin"
>>
> 
>Each item I commented on also had one or more ideas presented for
>improving
>it.  I was not merely complaining.  It just looked like it.
> 
>"S"incerely...Ed L.
>



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the "Flyer" you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to