Rick,

ON30 represents O gauge, 30" wide narrow gauge tracks.

ON3 represents O gauge, 3 foot wide (36") narrow gauge tracks.

ON3 has been around for a long time.  ON30 was developed to take 
advantage of the similarity in size to HO track.  By using HO track 
and loco chassis manufactureres have made it is much more cost 
effective to build a narrow gauge pike.  

I think the true hardcore ON3 guys scoff at ON30 as a compromise and 
lazy man's way to do O gauge narrow gauge.

I love what Bachmann has done with ON30. They've given me all kinds 
of kitbash fodder.

Steve Blancard


--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Rick Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> Is that On3 or On30??  And what is the difference?? I'm familiar 
with On30.
> 
> Rick.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to