In a message dated 1/24/03 8:15:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Oh my goodness.....I SURE hope they didn't alter the shell so that it won't
crack!!!!! That wouldn't be ORIGINAL!
After all, our rerailers were criticized because we didn't alter them so
they aren't sagging 50 years from now.
I wonder how you please everybody????

(Now....don't get a long thread started here! I am writing this
tongue-in-cheek!) >>

Nonetheless, serious reply:

I'm sure they will alter the injection molding conditions to eliminate the 
"knit line" at the screw hole that is the original of all of the infamous 
Baldwin screw hole cracks. They will also use a plastic (ABS) which is more 
resistant to the environmental stress cracking that results from exposure to 
oil at stress concentrators (such as screw holes).  

Bob Bubeck


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to