Rick, When getting a new camera, look at optical zoom and not digital zoom. The first thing I do with a new digital camera is shut off the digital soom so it can't accidentally get used.
Digital zoom is the same thing as taking the picture without a zoom and increasing the size then cropping in a graphics program. You loose quality fast. This is probably what you are calling grainy. keep it in optical zoom and you will be amazed at the difference. Jerry Hiett Rick Evans writes: > > > > **((( I did another Photoshop job on those cool photos)))*** > > Very nice Chris,....I would like to try that with photos! > > > **(((BTW, anybody who is taking layout and club/show pictures should take notes > on what this guy is doing. He takes pictures you actually want to look at. > Dig the close-ups. In focus. Lit. Not trying to get the whole world and > everybody in it into one picture. A lesson for us all. We need some > S-gauge pix of this quality.)))*** > > I seem to have problems when taking close-ups with a flash.....my zoom is only >a 2.5 digital,..and is only > a $199.99 camera,....my cousin just bought the same brand as mine, newer, same >price, but has a 3. somethin' > OPTICAL zoom,.....and a couple of photos he emailed me of his cat, close-up >w/flash,...seem to be MUCH better > then I can get!! I haven't used my zoom much,...seems to be real grainy. > Hmmm....time to move up to a better digital camera I guess!! > > > Rick. > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com > All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too! > > To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Get your free email at http://quickmail.quickhosts.com S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too! To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
