I can only comment on the slow speed can motor (S'nS type).  I have used 3 of them so
far and am very pleased.  They are smooth, quiet and easy to install, with no
permenent changes.  I like the slower speed because you get brighter lights and a lot
more smoke without flying off the track.  They will also crawl along very slowly,
which is pretty neat.  I put 1 in an Atlantic and 2 in Franklins.

Steve Blancard

"John L." wrote:

> Since aquiring some AF locomotive pieces, one of these had an open field
> coil that needed repair. I have decided instead to install a Can motor
> in one of my locomotives instead. Two questions - which locoomotvie type
> do you think would benefit most from putting one of these in - a  4-4-2,
> a 290 4-6-2, a 312 4-4-2 Pennsylvania type, or a 322 Hudson 4-6-4? It
> seems that each of these types of locomotives runs slower around the
> track, and my bias is to try it in a Hudson. Woudl this perk up their
> speed and pulling power etc.  Also - I am also going to try a half speed
> can motor - what results have any of you had with this type too.
>
> Also - my Hudson seems to have a "growling noise" - any idea what this
> could be?
>
> Just a newbie trying things out - thnaks for you help and advice.
>
> S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
> All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to