<<<<<I remember hearing there was a wiring defect on many of the Erie
sets.>>>>

Yes, there was. ALL the Erie engines ran poorly as delivered.
Soon after, Lnl identified the problem, and supplied, on request, a FREE
upgrade kit.
I got mine, installed it, and the engines ran fine thereafter.
As I recall, all it involved was removing and replacing one or two resistors
for a different value..... not much more than that, if anything.
Somewhere, I'm sure I kept the original paperwork, but I doubt I could ever
find it.
MAYBE, the factory will still have records of that upgrade. It's worth
inquiring, because it does solve the Erie problem!

Doug Peck
Port Lines Hobby Supply
6 Storeybrooke Drive
Newburyport, MA 01950-3408
Shop Hours - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 2-5 PM (EST), and 7-9 PM.
Saturdays: 2-5 PM.
978-465-8798
1-888-708-0782 (Toll-free; Orders only, please.)
Website:  www.portlines.com
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VISA--MASTERCARD--DISCOVER--AMEX--PAYPAL  Accepted.



S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to