Here's another thought on soldering power leads to rails.  I have
soldered to the UNDERside of the rail AFTER laying the rail (and before
ballasting!!!!!!).  Use a slim file to get in between the ties and
clean off the bottom of the rail.  Get some flux on the bottom of the
rail (use a cotton swab or small paint brush).  Then follow the same
soldering rules that have already been discussed.  I hold the wire
against the bottom of the rail using a small soldering tip.  I hold the
wire with my other hand, so that when I pull the soldering tip away, I
hold the wire in location while the solder cools.  

BEFORE soldering the wire, it is easy to drill a hole at a slight angle
so that most of the hole is under the rail.  Push the tinned lead wire
up through the hole, bend it over so that it is in position to be
soldered.  


=====
Ted Larson

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to