Well I haven't operated them all, but...

I have:

48350 B&M GP-7
48100/48101 Wabash A-A PA set
48651/48003 SF GP-20 + the non-powered dummy
8458 Southern GP-9
6-48023 Santa Fe Merger GP-9
8552 NYC GP-9
48005 Pennsy GP-9
48013 Conrail GP-7
48014 Nortern Pacific GP-9
48153/8154/8155 B&O  A-A PA set with B unit
48114/48115/48116 Northern Pacific ABA
48000/8002 Southern Pacific + the non-powered dummy
48009 GM GP-7
8459/8460 Chessie GP-20 + the non-powered dummy
48126/48127 Silver Flash A-A set
8102/8103 Chesapeake and Ohio A-A PA set.
48017 Nickle Plate Road GP-9 Powered + dummy

All the Geeps look to me like they have the same guts, but for some reason
my SF unit is the smoothest. (I haven't actually ran all of them and haven't
pulled the shells off, but you can see quite a bit without taking them
apart)

Of the Alco units The B&O set is the smoothest stopping and starting, but
this is the old flyer style motor.

Of the can motor Alco units The Northern Pacific is the smoothest (they both
feel good when I use my variac/transformer combo rather than my 30B)

basically a PA is a PA with the exception of the B&O and a geep is a geep. I
think making sure nothing is binding in the gear train, that the can motors
are run-in properly and that the nylon worm is not split is the biggest
difference.

Hmmm....after making this list I am thinking I need to sell some
things.....No wonder I am broke.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 3:00 PM
Subject: [S-Trains] Best Running Engine


> What is the best running American Flyer engine Lionel has made?
>
>
> S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
> All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to