I buy ALL my SHS and AM S scale trains via the method listed below.
I HOPE that this is beneficial to the manufacturers in the long run, even
though in the short run they get less money from me cuz they share the
purchase price with hobby shop. I started doing this many years ago. I
can't prove cause-effect, however the shop now stocks a small amount of
both AM and SHS.
Ted Larson
Superbowl
The Daytona 500 of football
>>>>>>>Subject: Planting the S Seed in Hobby Shops.
To that I'd add another suggestion. Next time you're going to a
hobby
shop, take a S scale manufacturer's catalogue with you and ask the hobby
shop
to order an item for you. You may get a discount, you may not. The shop
may
hide the item in the back until you pick it up or they may put it out
front.
But, no matter what, you've linked up an S scale manufacturer with
a
hobby shop - something they both need to stay in business and something
which
ultimately will do well for our scale.
I've done this with two hobby shopes in my local area and, I hope,
have "planted the seed".
Paul S.<<<<<<<<<
________________________________________________________________
Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com
S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/