BTW...Guys...when I get around to unpacking one of the Garage boxes I will
post a picture of My 2 - 6 - 2 Flyer engine ( Made from an Atlantic, Pacific
nose, Etc...Looks nice ) I have also seen A 4 - 6 - 0 made from an
Atlantic....Its fun to cut up this stuff....At least it was back in the late
80'3 when Atlantics and Pacifics were less than 10.00...I even have A Bakers
Choc. tank car somewhere with broken steps and A tender....i was going to
cut both up to make A SP Oil tender....Did some cutting....its somewhere yet
too...Bob
----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Ritter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 3:08 PM
Subject: [S-Trains] Re: 0-6-0 READING ENGINE & 24733 Pikes Peak


> Hi Chris,
>
> I would like to read your article about
> the A & P set but CTT is not published in
> April of any year. I agree with Firewood,
> Reading never made such an engine and I
> doubt that the A.C Gilbert Company did either.
> A.C. was dead when that "thing" was built.
> At $16.50 you have an Atlantic Shell, a Pacific
> Chassis and no tender.
>
> About the 24733 Pikes Peak. It is currently worth,
> according to Greenberg, over $400 in excellent
> condition so $800 isn't much if you have the money.
>
> Glenn
>
> ________________________________________________________________________
> ________________________________________________________________________
>
> Message: 3
>    Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 00:02:55 -0500
>    From: Chris Zizzo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: re: Reading 0-6-0 ???
>
> Ol' Firewood has seen a hybrid on E-Bay and it upset him:
>
> >Someone has messed with the natural order....it ain't
> >right I tell ya.....
> >
> >
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3111025770&category=487
>
> Well, this here engine was part of a set marketed by a supermarket chain
in
> the '60's.  It was uncatalogued and included three extremely rare store
> imprinted cars, the Ann Page reefer, the Bocar boxcar and the Eight
O'Clock
> Coffee hopper.  The company was A&P, also known as The Great Atlantic &
> Pacific Tea Company of New York.  They were once a giant national chain
but
> have since gone out of business.  The engine was a specially built hybrid,
> for this set, by Gilbert.  Even in this shape, it's a rarity of the first
> magnitude.
>
> I wrote an article two years ago about this set for the April issue of
CTT.
> Check it out.
>
>
> Chris Zizzo
> __________________________________________
>
> Message: 5
>    Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 23:23:53 -0600
>    From: Roy Inman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Help me to understand...
>
> Chris:
> I certainly don't have all the answers, and the older I get I think maybe
I
> have none of the answers.
> But in trying to answer YOUR question: sounds to me like a case of a
seller
> and a buyer agreeing on the value of two items.
> The definition of the value of an item is: What a seller is willing to
> accept and what a buyer is willing to pay.  Period and end of story.
> And IMHO, what you are missing is the frenzy of the auction place. Happens
> all the time at live auctions. I remember seeing a guy pay $20 at auction
> for used metal shelves, when he could have gotten the same thing, only
new,
> for $8 at the local Wal-Mart.
> And I have to tell you, if I had lots more money, I would advertise in the
> train magazines for new, in the box items, pay whatever the seller wanted,
> and go home happy.
> It's all relative, and only money. If you've got it, spend it.
> Respectfully,
> Roy Inman :)
>
> Please help me to understand this:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=480&item=3111384190
>
> This is a Pike's Peak coach in red, 5 digit, currently bid up to $811.00.
> No, not Lira.  Not Yen.
> DOLLARS!  What am I missing here?  The Grand Canyon business car is up to
> $350.  Gee, for only $1161.00 plus shipping, I can own two old plastic
> S-gauge toy passenger cars.  Or, I could by two complete 7 car sets with
> engine from AM and get change.
>
> The guy who buys this will never get his money back for it.  That has got
to
> be the peak price any piker ever paid.
>
> Chris Zizzo
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
> S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
> All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to