well,,,,, i would love to buy just flyer old stock,,,, i hate remakes of old
stock,but  new and different is good,,,,i am sure i will buy a few of
them,,,,,just to spice up the layout a little,,,,,,,,,,lou.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Zizzo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "slist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 4:12 PM
Subject: [S-Trains] Re: New K-Line Cars


> Joseph Haenn said:
> >Well, you can certainly tell from the responses which
> >people are the "I won't buy it unless it is American
> >Flyer" guys. I am glad that most individuals are
> >open-minded and see them for what they are:
> >inexpensive S gauge cars for fun, plays, and kids that
> >rival the "quality" of Flyonel for 40 percent of the cost.
>
> Joe:
> If you mean me, please don't paint with such a wide brush.  This is not a
> case of Flyer chauvinism.  I had high hopes for these K-Line cars.  I like
> K-Line's approach to the hobby and I think they make some great stuff.
>
> I had these cars in my hands and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
> Fancy paint jobs aside, these boxcars are not an S product.  They are not
> even a 3/16ths. scale product.  They are eight inch 027 cars with
S-trucks,
> like the Lionel horsecar.  In fact, the horsecar looks better.
>
> I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this isn't a gift, is
it?
> It's a product that you have to spend money to acquire.  Perhaps the
appeal
> is that it's less money than other competing products.  I found that it's
> twice as much as it should be.  The exact carbodies are selling elsewhere
in
> the same catalog for only ten dollars with 027 wheelsets.  The 027 cars
> selling for $20 are of a greater variety and interest (Train 19) than
these.
> What are we paying the other $10 for, the R&D needed to tool up S
wheelsets?
> Where's the deduction for the 027 wheelsets they replace?  We're paying
> maybe $12 a car for the trucks!
>
> This was simply an opportunity for K-Line to open a new market for the
> products generated with 50 year old, fully amortized tooling while taking
> advantage of a need in the S-market place for basic and inexpensive
rolling
> stock.  Unfortunately, this product does not fill any need.
>
> Industrial Rail 4 bay hoppers and cabooses for $21 were much more
> interesting and novel.  How that company managed to tool up and produce at
> those prices is the mystery that needs solving.  Apparently it can be
done.
> Now that they have gone, this would be good tooling for K-Line to pick up.
>
> I will buy the 4 tank cars.  I will take a pass on the ungainly boxes.  It
> has nothing to do with Flyer.
>
> Chris Zizzo
>
>
>
> S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
> All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>



S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to