S-Gaugers,

I was told in school (many moon's ago) that the title to this message is
the mechanical engineer's answer to all problems...

Anyways...
I have a few old train cars that require riveting type repair from
youngsters that used "irrational exuberance" (as Alan Greenspan would
say) when handling the rolling stock.

I purchased a manual riveting set from the internet: 
http://www.rivetin.com/

Haven't used it yet?
Do any of you have any experience with this manual riveting repair or is
it a fantasy?

Hobby Surplus Sales has a PanaVise Precision Press precision press for
89 dollars: http://www.panavise.com/f/presses/index.html

Have you any experience with the above or similar press tools?

I poked around the internet and heard about an Arbor press that used to
be at Lionel Service stations?

I don't know here you get the "tools" (back sets and riveters) for set a
press anyways.?
I think riveting eyelets are available at the supplier sites...

I would like a factory look for repair and would appreciate any advice
or comments.

Are there services that do riveting of AF stuff if my attempts fail?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You,

Scott Dee

S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to