--- John Brockmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ....reversible hand car. Has anyone run this on
> their layouts on 
> a separate length of track isolated from the rest of
> the layout? 

John:

I run mine on a separate straight track powered by its
own transformer.  I use the Gilbert 730 track bumpers
on each end of the track to stop the handcar. You can
get them new, as they are being reproduced, or still
find the old ones.  

To make the reversing switch pin have proper contact
with the bumbers, I have placed a small thin block of
styrofoam to each of the bumpers where the handcar
hits the bumper. You can paint this or cover it if you
don't like the white.  

Besides making the contact with the pin on the
switch... my idea was to soften the blow to the
handcar to spare the reversing switch, as well a
softening the blow to the ends of the car itself.  You
have to adjust the position of the styrofoam and fool
with it a while. You DON'T want the handcar going into
these at full speed because the switches are VERY
delicate or cheap (sorry A.C.G.) and I don't think the
switches are being reproduced. 

I'm sure you all can think of other things to use
besides the styrofoam to attach to the bumpers. My
handcar track is all the way in the back of my layout
and is elevated. For this reason, my styrofoam is kind
of hidden. 

I, too would be interested in hearing what others have
done.

Regards,
Dennis Back

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
http://taxes.yahoo.com/

S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to