I have a question for those of you who operate your trains with DC track
power and reverse train direction by switching the polarity.  I use AC
myself.

The question is, which is the correct or standard way to wire a DC
locomotive?  In other words, if you have a drawing of a track running from
left to right across a piece of paper, with a locomotive on the track, and
the top rail is positive and the bottom rail is negative, should the
locomotive be wired to move to the left or to the right?

I know that either way will work, but I also know that there is a standard
way of doing this throughout all gauges, and I would like to know what that
standard way is.

Thanks for your help.

Tom Jarcho



S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to